RAFFLE RULES – Applied to ALL KFK Raffles
Effective June 1, 2023
Kids for Kids Foundation (KFK), a tax-exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, regularly conducts Raffles year-round to raise funds for charitable purposes. The Rules and Regulations of these Raffles are set forth below. By purchasing a Raffle Ticket, the purchaser agrees to be bound by these rules and regulations. KFK’s interpretation and application of these rules and regulations shall be final.
- Raffle Participant must be 18 years or older to purchase tickets and enter raffle.
- Raffle Participant must be US Resident to purchase tickets and enter raffle.
- Raffle Participant is expected to abide by State Laws with respect to Raffles and Gaming prior to entry.
- KFK Staff, members of the Board of Directors and immediate family members residing in the same household are excluded from participating and are not eligible to win a prize.
- All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. The Raffle is void where prohibited or restricted by law. An affidavit of eligibility may be required from prize winners.
PURCHASING & ENTRY
- The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has taken the position that amounts paid for chances in raffles, lotteries or similar drawings for valuable prizes are not gifts, and consequently do not qualify as deductible charitable contributions.
- KFK reserves the right to reject any entry that is submitted with payment that does not constitute “good funds”. All defective or physically altered raffle tickets will be immediately disqualified by KFK. Prior to the Raffle Drawing, KFK will make a reasonable effort to notify the individual and/or entity that submits such an entry or one which has been rejected because the credit card or check did not clear that the entry has been rejected by attempting to make contact through the information provided at the time of submitting the purchase request. All orders for tickets must be received and/or purchased by the indicated deadline.
- By purchasing a raffle ticket and choosing to participate in the raffle, each raffle participant acknowledges and agrees that KFK has the right, in its sole discretion, to elect not to proceed with the raffle for any reason whatsoever or for no reason, and in such event, a participant’s sole and exclusive remedy shall be to receive a refund of the full price paid by such participant for each raffle ticket purchased, without interest.
- No refunds will be made except under the following circumstances: any ticket purchase with payment received after the specified date of Raffle Drawing will be returned.
- The chances of winning are based on the number of tickets sold. If fewer tickets are sold, the chance of winning the Raffle Prize improves.
WINNERS & DRAWING
- Date of Drawing is specific to each individual raffle and is displayed on the dedicated raffle website.
- Winners are NOT required to be present at the time of drawing.
- Only one method of payment, one name, and one mailing address are permitted per ticket.
- Only one eligible person may be entered in the raffle per ticket sold.
- If the name of more than one person is submitted with a ticket purchase, and that ticket is selected as a winning ticket, then the person named first will be deemed the holder of record of that ticket and declared the winner. Division of prize by a group purchasing a ticket in common shall be the sole responsibility of the person named as the holder of record of that ticket, should that ticket be selected as a winner.
- Winners must confirm and take receipt of raffle prize within 14 days of raffle drawing.
- KFK will make a reasonable effort through phone call and email to notify a Raffle Winner of winnings within this timeframe, if no response from Raffle Winner the raffle prize will be reallocated to the organization for future raffle or auction, fundraising.
- Winner shall assume all fees, local, state and federal taxes, sales tax, financing costs related to the prize prior to the prize being transferred to the winner. KFK takes no responsibility for any tax liabilities or costs. Winner is advised to consult a tax advisor. This offer is void where prohibited by law, and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
- If item is to be shipped, the winner is to provide a shipping label that has been paid for and properly notes any additional insurance based on the value of the prize being shipped – KFK will assist with providing the FMV of the item.
- At the time of shipment, KFK cannot be held accountable for any loss or damage to package or contents. It is the winner’s responsibility to file and follow through on claims directly with the shipping company to seek compensation.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- By entering this Raffle, Purchasers accept and agree (1) to be bound by all the rules, limitations and restrictions set forth here and (2) that their names and/or likenesses may be disclosed to and used by KFK for publicity purposes and in lists of prize winners to be published on KFK website and social media platforms. Other rules and regulations may apply. Please contact KFK if you have questions. KFK’s interpretation and application of the rules and regulations shall be final.
- By entering this Raffle, each participant releases KFK, its directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability for injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by participating in the raffle or winning the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, and the winner agrees to indemnify and hold KFK harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind rising in connection with or as a result of participating in the raffle or the winner’s acceptance or use of the prize.
- KFK makes no guarantee that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) will accept that value of the Raffle Prize for the purpose of determining any income tax that may be due from the Raffle Winner. KFK takes no responsibility for any tax liabilities. It is recommended that Raffle Winner consult a tax advisor.
- A Raffle Participant’s sole and exclusive remedy for KFK’s breach shall be limited to the return of the purchase price paid for the participant’s raffle ticket(s). In no event shall KFK, its directors, officers, employees, agents or representatives be liable to any party for any loss or injuries to earnings, profits or goodwill, or for any incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages of any person or entity whether arising in contract, tort or otherwise, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.