Last updated July 21, 2020
1. Types of Information We Collect
We collect both “Personal Information” and “Anonymous Information” about our users.
“Personal Information” is information that can be used to contact or identify you or individuals about whom you enter information as part of your activities on our Website or Service, such as first name, last name, email address, phone number, street address, comments, company name and address, title, work experience and skills, username and/or email address in combination with a password or security questions and answers, account numbers or credit/debit card numbers, even without a security code, access code, or password if the account could be accessed without such information, as well as information that is linked to the forgoing information.
“Anonymous Information” is information that cannot be used to contact or identify an individual and is not linked to information that can be used to do so. It includes passively collected information about your activities on the Website and Service, such as usage data, to the extent that information is not linked to your Personal Information.
Users can access and browse a majority of the Website without disclosing Personal Information, although, like most website and mobile app providers, we passively collect certain information from your devices, such as your IP address, browser information, unique device identifier (“UDID”) and/or your mobile operating system. We may also collect geolocation data from Users that access the Website and Service using a mobile or similar device.
- Voluntarily submitted information
We collect Personal Information that you voluntarily provide to us during your use of the Website and/or Service, including when you create an account, donate through one or more of our fundraising options or webpages, shop online, fill out the “Get the Latest News” forms, submit a volunteer or other application, make payments, or otherwise manage your account with us through the Website.
- Information collected via technology
- We may collect information from your use of the Website and Service, including your hardware model, browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address and domain name. If you are using a mobile device, KFK may also receive your UDID, or another unique identifier, and mobile operating system. We may correlate this information with other Personal Information we have about you. We may also use tools such as cookies to gather information as well. “Cookies” are small pieces of information that a website sends to your device while you are viewing the website. We use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser), persistent Cookies (which stay on your device until you delete them) and third party Cookies (which are placed by a website from a domain other than ours) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience. Persistent Cookies can be removed by following web browser help file directions. A “Pixel” is a snippet of code that collects information about a visitor’s behavior on a website, and then sends the information back to the originating platform to be processed and reported.
- Geolocation data: If you access the Service through a mobile device, we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store “geolocation data.”
- We or our service providers use third-party services, such as Google Analytics and Google Search Console, to track and analyze online behavior data of Users. In particular, we or our service providers utilize features of Google Analytics called “Remarketing,” “Demographics and Interest Reporting” and “Ad Words.” These services enable us or our service providers to use Google Analytics’ third-party audience data help inform, optimize, target and serve ads based on your visits to our Website. We do this to better understand how you use the Website and Service, with a view to offering improvements for all users, and to tailor our marketing activities accordingly.
- If you would like to opt out of Google Analytics, please download and install the browser plugin at http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. Users can also opt out of third party interest based advertising by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative’s deactivation website at networkadvertising.org/choices/.
- Third-Party Accounts.
We allow you to sign up and log in to the Website and Services using accounts you create with third-party products and services, such as Facebook and Twitter (collectively, “Third-Party Accounts”). If you access the Website and Service with Third-Party Accounts, we will collect information that you have agreed to make available such as your name, email address, profile information and preferences. This information is collected by the Third-Party Account provider and is provided to KFK or our service providers under their privacy policies. You can generally control the information that we receive from these sources using the privacy controls in your Third-Party Account.
2. How We Use Your Information
- Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information for the following representative purposes:
- E-mail Users with or about current fundraising activities
- Send communications and administrative e-mails
- Process and evaluate information provided by you through the Website or Service, including through the online store, donation, fundraising, event registration and participation, and volunteer application process, requests from you to us for more information about our mission and activities, and to contact you regarding the same
- Process information uploaded by you on our Website
- Process donations and payments made through the online store
- Personalize and tailor the features, performance and support of the Website and Service
- Send you promotional, marketing and fundraising information, newsletters, offers or other information from us or on behalf of our sponsors, partners, collaborators, and beneficiaries
- Perform internal operations, including fraud detection
- Analyze, benchmark and conduct research on user data and interactions with the Website or Service
- Anonymous Information
We may use Anonymous Information for the following representative purposes:
- Perform internal operations on the Website and Service
- Improve the Website and Service and customize the user experience
- Aggregate the information collected via Cookies and Pixels to use in statistical analysis to help us track trends and analyze patterns
3. How We Share and Disclose Information
In addition to using the information collected by us for the purposes described in Section 2 above, we may also share your information as described below. Please review our sharing policy closely, especially with respect to your Personal Information.
In addition, by accessing the Website and Service using a mobile or similar device you agree to allow us to share your geolocation information.
- Service Providers
We share Personal Information with vendors, consultants and other third-party service providers who perform services on behalf of and at the request of KFK, including without limitation, companies that provide e-mail services, host the Website and Service, process payments, or that provide other services for supporting, improving, promoting, or securing the Website and Service. We may also engage service providers, such as Google Analytics and related products, to collect information about your use of the Website and Services over time on our behalf so that we or they may promote the Services or display information that may be relevant to your interests on the Services, or other websites or services. These service providers only have access to the information necessary to perform these limited functions on our behalf and are required to protect and secure your information.
- Compliance with Laws, Law Enforcement and Safety
We may disclose information we have collected about you if required to do so by law or if we, in our sole discretion, believe that disclosure is reasonable to comply with the law, requests or orders from law enforcement, or any legal process (whether or not such disclosure is required by applicable law), or to protect or defend KFK’s, or a third party’s, rights or property.
- Aggregated Anonymous information
Aggregated Anonymous Information is the combination of your Anonymous Information with the Anonymous Information of other Users (“Aggregated Anonymous Information”). Aggregated Anonymous Information does not allow you to be identified or contacted. We may share such Aggregated Anonymous Information with third parties.
- Business transactions
Your Personal Information, the amount of your donation and the cause to which you donated may be disclosed online from time to time in connection with fundraising activities, including in web pages associated with specific fundraising activities.
4. Your Choices
5. Updating Your Personal Information
You may revise your Personal Information by contacting us directly at email@example.com or when you create an account profile in Neon. However, please note that we may be required to maintain certain Personal Information, or to maintain certain Personal Information for a period of time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements. When we delete any information, it will be deleted from our active database, but may remain in our archives. We may retain your information for fraud detection or similar purposes. Note that if we have already disclosed some of your Personal Information to third parties, we cannot access that Personal Information any longer and cannot compel the deletion or modification of any such information by the parties to whom we have made those disclosures.
- Website and Service Not Directed to Minors. The Website and Service are not directed to or intended for children under 13 years of age (“Minors”). We do not knowingly solicit, collect or maintain information from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our Website is targeted to attract anyone under 13. We also do not send e-mail correspondence to anyone who advises that they are under the age of 13. If we later obtain actual knowledge that a User is under 13 years of age we will take steps to remove that user’s Personal Information from our systems, using the applicable user Personal Information only as necessary to complete that removal.
- Junior Committee Applications. If you would like to submit an application for your child to participate as a member of the Kids for Kids Junior Committee, you as the child’s parent or legal guardian, must complete and submit the application located on the Website. Minors are not permitted to complete or submit the Junior Committee application.
- Other KFK Participation by Children. To provide the services we offer, including without limitation the Junior Committee, community service events, fundraisers, and grants programs, we sometimes need to collect certain information about Minors online and offline. In each case, we request the Minor’s parent or legal guardian to provide any information required.
- Compliance with COPPA. If, at any time, we ask a Minor to submit any Personal Information in connection with our online services, we will comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), including:
- Posting a clear statement regarding the Personal Information to be collected and how it will be used and shared;
- Provide notice to parents or legal guardians of the collection and obtain consent before collecting Personal Information online from the Minor;
- Provide parents or legal guardians with the choice of consenting to our collection and internal use of the Minor’s information, but prohibiting us from disclosing that information to third parties (unless disclosure is integral to the Website or Service, in which case, this will be made clear to parents);
- Provide parents access to the Minor’s Personal Information to review and/or have the information deleted;
- Provide parents the opportunity to prevent further use or online collection of the Minor’s Personal Information;
- As we do with all Personal Information, we will maintain the confidentiality, security, and integrity of information we collect from Minors, including by taking reasonable steps to release such information only to parties capable of maintaining its confidentiality and security; and
- Retain Personal Information collected online from a Minor for only as long as is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected and delete the Personal Information using reasonable measures to protect against its unauthorized access or use.
- Updating, Changing and Deleting Minor Personal Information.
If you are a parent or legal guardian of a Minor and would like to request deletion, correction or updating of the Minor’s personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can use our best efforts to comply with the request.
If you are the parent or legal guardian of a Minor whom you believe has disclosed Personal Information to us online, please contact us at email@example.com so that we may delete and remove such information from our system.
7. Security and Data Retention
9. Contact Us